Nowadays, Full Stack Development is a very important factor for startups and businesses. This is mainly because of the increasing demand for web apps for competing online and boosting the brand image. So, what is full-stack development?
Hence, a full-stack developer is basically one who has sufficient experience in both front-end and back-end technologies. In simple words, they have knowledge of both the app development process from its business logic down to its presentation layer.
This article is an attempt to provide you the information about the combination used in Full Stack Development.
Best Full Stack Combinations to watch out for
There are many frameworks and languages out there that are useful for developing a Full Stack application. There are some specific types of Full Stack combinations. Here are some of the best Full Stack combinations that are popular these days:
1] MEAN Stack
MEAN acronym stands for 4 frameworks. These frameworks are MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, and Node.
✤ MongoDB – is a prominent database server that stores data structures in binary JSON format. It is also known as a NoSQL database program that supports handling large-scale data sets with ease.
✤ExpressJS – is an open-source Node.js framework that is useful for back-end web application development. The flexibility of this framework makes back-end development easy for the developers.
Reasons why MEAN Stack is so popular:
- The combination of technologies is open-source and easily accessible
- Has a small library size
2] MERN Stack
MERN Stack seems identical to MEAN but ‘R’ stands for React Front End technology and that changes the full stack combination.
Reasons why MERN Stack is popular
- It is not language specific. Developers can use the same skill set they use in Front-end in MERN Stack.
- React provides additional features for development which helps developers carry out easy web development
- Because of complete NodeJS compatibility, npm packages here will run without any problems
3] LAMP Stack
LAMP is well-known for its free and open-source system for back-end development. It incorporates Linux OS, Apache web server, MySQL database, and PHP. Besides PHP, developers can also use technologies like Python and Perl as an alternative.
Linux Operating System is the backbone, as all other components run on top of it. The programming language and database management utilized in developing an app must co-occur with what platform to operate. Here, PHP and MySQL function properly with Linux.
Developers can work with the other stack components on many operating systems, but still Linux dominates because of its flexibility and easy configuration options in comparison to other operating systems.
✤ Apache web server
Apache web server is one of the most used servers globally. It operates more than half of the websites on the Internet. With its well-developed community, Apache delivers extensive support. It operates using HTTP to execute requests and transmit data over the Internet. Even with the availability of the tools like NGINX developers prefer Apache because of its feature-rich ecosystem.
✤ MySQL Database
MySQL database is an open-source relational database and the third layer of the LAMP Stack. It stores the app data in a structured way and is easily used for queries using SQL language. MySQL database is known to handle large and complex data and manage heavy websites. Relational Database and SQL support allow developers to build a dynamic database on an enterprise level.
PHP has the role of combining all the elements of the LAMP stack. It enables web apps to run seamlessly. The language runs with the Apache server and enables developers to create a dynamic page using the integrated PHP code.
Now let’s have a look at some interesting combinations of different technologies.
4] Angular and Node
Angular alone is very useful and effective but combining it with NodeJS takes the development process to a new level. Let’s have a brief look at why Angular + Node integration is one of the most preferred full-stack app development combinations out there.
With NodeJS and Angular, full-stack developers can easily-
- Hosting the application locally as a local web server set-up is attainable.
- Use Angular Command Line Interface (a useful tool for app scaffolding)
- Activate the TypeScript automatically as both NodeJS and Angular back TypeScript
- Hide the early app development issues and make the development as issue-free as possible
- Leverage Seamless data binding
- Write less code
5] React and Ruby on Rails
React and Ruby on Rails is quite popular while developing interactive apps. This is mainly because this technology combo boosts the response time of an application in real time.
React’s component reusability allows software developers to write easy-to-debug and predictable code. Whereas, Ruby on Rails, the back-end MVC framework is commonly used for web app development. The framework provides database structures, web pages, and web services.
Here are a few perks of linking React with Ruby on Rails:
- Server response time reduces significantly, to be precise the response time can be reduced by up to 90% by integrating these two as React allows to use of the DOM feature and the server-side development facility of Ruby on Rail together and hence making the app highly responsive.
- Quick SPA (Single-Page Application) development as there are ample pre-made libraries to complete the development. Furthermore, React framework allows to make of reusable APIs. Once induced, APIs can be operated many times.
- Great community support for both technologies is great. They are supported by Facebook and MIT as well. These reusable APIs of React help the developers attain stability.
- App maintenance is simple
6] Laravel and Vue
The learning curve for Laravel and Vue is easy, and both technologies coming together deliver an excellent User Experience. Laravel is a PHP framework that provides a wide range of tools that help developers in building Enterprise level apps with easy usability, proper scalability, and flexibility.
Vue.js is a progressive, incrementally-adoptable JS framework that helps in designing a view layer in Single Page Applications. Vue comes with a variety of tools and lots of libraries which makes it a preferred choice for the developer.
Benefits of using Laravel and Vue.js combination:
- A developer doesn’t need to use jquery to manipulate blade templates as Vue allows for easier management of DOM with the help of a virtual DOM
- Single Page Application development gets simpler and this in turn allows the application assets are loaded at once
7] MEVN Stack
8] Full Stack Combination of Python, Django, and Vue
In recent times Python is gaining immense popularity globally. Python and Django make a good pair for creating web apps. Django provides the structure, and Python delivers the flexibility. This combination lets developers quickly build prototypes & MVPs. Using Vue in the combination makes it more simple to deal with the front end. Hence, the combination of these three technologies can help developers provide an efficient application with ease.
These were some of the best Full Stack combinations that are useful in app development. However, it is not necessary to pick a specific stack just because it is trending. You have to thoroughly analyze the project requirements and figure out the best Full Stack combination suitable for delivering an optimized solution.
✤ Who is a Full Stack Developer?
Full Stack developer is someone who has a wide range of skills and can operate on both the Front End and Back End.
✤ What technologies should a Full Stack Developer know?