Got a web and app development idea? Ever considered developing a web application? If not, it is time to start thinking and be a part of the fast-growing 1.91 billion websites’ world. Here we are with a comprehensive view of types of web development.
- Front- end Development
- Back-end Development
- Full-stack Development
To precisely understand types of web development phases, let’s glide your mind through the overview of each type, various technologies involved, their benefits, and issues that cover up the whole development phase.
What are the different types of Web Development?
The web development cycle is a very important aspect with needs to be understood and followed thoroughly. So before we dive deep into that, let’s get a clear view of the type of web development. This will make you understand how each type of web development plays its role in developing web solutions.
1. Front-end development
Purpose: To enable visitors to read the web content effortlessly. Further, to make web interface and web content user engaging, web designers/front-end developers need to create clean and beautiful website designs.
Now, let’s meet the front-end technologies.
Hi, I am HTML. Most of you know me as Hypertext Markup Language, I am mostly used for developing static web pages. Web designers use me to give structure and layout to their websites.
Hey folks, I am Cascading style sheet, and for the record, I not only help HTML but I make it look better. How? By enhancing the HTML layout and presentation.
Making it simpler- anything you develop I add a certain style to it, let’s say I make your page look decent.
Stop! Both of you. Well, you see I am the main one here, Yes folks you read that right.
Whatever your design, however, you design, in the end, to make it interactive you will need me. Behind all your buttons, links, dropdown boxes I am the one providing the interactive feature and smoothing the process.
I am an Open source type-script-based website development framework by Google.
Otherwise, you may never have people visiting your web page.
2. Back-end Development
Purpose: To allow developers to write a full program for a website and construct the logic around the different parts of the webpages, this involves engaging with databases, servers, and different APIs.
In any project development, the back-end is responsible for providing logical parts which maybe not be visible but are always an essential part.
Here are the buddies,
Hii, I am Hypertext Preprocessor and shall make you aware of my abilities.
I provide you with the ability to:
- Make your web pages dynamic
- Manage session tracking
- Engage with databases like MySQL, Postgres, and Oracle, etc.
Whenever you are visiting an eCommerce website you need to know that I am one of the components responsible for managing that site.
I am way more useful. I am not confined to just website development I have attained different levels in games, apps, and software development.
Oracle says I am the #1 programming language for developers in 2020 also. Also, I am used by more than 6 million developers and run on more than 5.5 billion devices.
I am a Structured Query Language. If you need to process a large amount of data- use me.
If you need to collect data from different databases to use it according to the target users- use me.
If you made it this far kudos, I am Python – One of the easiest languages to learn and code.
I can provide developers with frameworks to work with, also I have the ability to create frameworks for website developments.
Social media giants Instagram and Pinterest are powered by me.
I am a Framework used for building software applications involving languages like C#, VB.net, C++
3. Full-stack development
How? Why? Well, one has to completely grasp all the concepts that ride along with the two ends- front-end and back-end. A full-stack developer has to be well-versed with client and server-side web application development skills and also with database management skills.
Let us meet them.
Git and GitHub
We are version-controlling tools- a blessing for any full-stack developer. Provides different features where developers can share, observe and work on code.
According to the project requirements, one can always go with different options suitable best for the project.
I, Application Programming Interface, allow programmers to merge various functionalities without giving away code.
Skills Required to Become a Full-stack Web developer
Mastering solely front-end and back-end technologies is not limited to learning full-stack programming.
Following are some of the points describing the stages of full-stack development:
- Back-end technologies: Choosing a suitable back-end technology will make the website scalable and also boost the speed of the website. We have got a wide range of backend technologies to choose from.
- Using repositories like Git and Github
- Database storage: Key element of the web development phase. It stores data that is to be accessed after different actions such as login or data submitted on the page. This is where RDBMS (relational database management system ) is useful to full-stack developers because it helps handle different queries that are executed during the process.
- Web architecture: If a developer wishes for a smooth transition after the development and there are changes to be made, the developer should be aware of the web architecture. It mainly consists of two components: client and server.
It is the back-end side of the structure where programming languages like Python, Java or PHP are involved
Further, it has different layers like:
- Soft skills: When you are into any project it implies you will have to deal with clientele, so one must have a perfect balance between technical and soft skills
Precision in details
Factors to consider before choosing a programming language for building your web project.
- Make a choice of language based on its maintaining factor and is easy to develop.
- Get a pseudo-code idea and dry run certain logics
- Once your requirement is clear you can cross-reference your pseudo code with it, based on that it will most certainly be clear which language will be efficient.
- Sometimes it will be challenging to go with certain languages so make sure you are aware of deployment time.
Let’s discuss the above-mentioned points in more detail:
Any programming language has its own pros, cons, and challenges but, one can always start with easily manageable languages like:
Be it web development or application development, a developer needs to have an idea of how to dry run the idea or logic before starting the actual code. This process merely gives an idea of the flow of the project hence pseudo code.
Language to choose
Once you are done with pseudo-code you can get a certain clarity regarding the choice of language. Based on your pseudo you might come across certain situations like:
Does my project need a framework to ease the complexity?
Does it need to be more optimized?
After all the efforts we put into your project if the deployment is going to be the ultimate challenge,
a developer needs to be aware of the project constraints. Fewer lines of code ensure higher chances of easy deployment and optimized product.
Simple steps to follow :
- Search for potential errors, try catching the cause
- Make sure you have proper debugging features to work with
- Have a basic idea of different types of testing, Ex: Security testing, Compatibility testing
Do you have a Web development idea in mind?
So far we have understood the types of web development, technologies involved in each type of development, and factors to be considered while choosing an appropriate programming language.
Now if you have an idea in your mind and planning to develop the best web app or enterprise-level project, our experienced web team will surely help you.
Discuss your idea today with our experts.